It’s incredibly important how a broker conducts business and treats people. The right real estate broker can make the difference between getting the deal done or not.
Whether in the financing, selling, or investing of real estate, brokers play a vital role in the real estate transaction.
Here are five character traits I see in successful real estate brokers:
- Honesty and Integrity – They do what they say they will do, and you can count on them to be honest. Honesty and integrity are the essential character traits to be a successful broker in the long term.
- Generous Attitude – Brokers who will help you and provide information when needed, often without compensation, are usually the most prosperous and successful.
- Self-Motivated and Persistent – Self-motivation is an essential character trait for a broker to endure the challenges of being a successful entrepreneur. An attitude of perseverance is a requirement to be successful long term.
- Leaders who Value People – Competent leaders who don’t always have to be first or right, because it’s not all about them. The best leaders value building relationships and desire to learn and grow, improving themselves and those in their sphere of influence.
- Common-Sense With the Ability to Think Outside the box – Brokers who can be creative, flexible, and have the ability to move quickly utilizing common-sense have a distinct advantage.
These are common traits among successful people in general, but the real estate brokers I know who exemplify these character traits along with essential, real estate knowledge are successful not only in their business but also in their personal lives.